Thursday, July 15, 2010

Resources for Implementing the Game Plan

I feel that there are two essential needs for my game plan's success. The first is an accessible accountability checklist for my students and their web work and the second is a means by which to organize the different resources that I find to implement in my classroom.

In order to create the checklist, a paper checklist is the first step in order to flowchart the ideas that I have for student accountability. However, in order to best meet the student's needs and to implement technology, I feel that it would be essential that this checklist be incorporated into an on-line format. I'm not sure what format that I would choose at this time, but I would like something that the students could easily fill out and then submit. It should be something of a simple nature with buttons to check and fields to fill out. I am very open to suggestions as to resources that I might employ to create such a re-usable document.

Secondly, in order to organize the resources that I intend to borrow from in order to enhance my classroom instruction, I have already begun to add tags to my delicious library. Using these bookmarking "files" I am able to compile resources as I find them. Later, I am easily able to re-access these files as I need them.

5 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of an accountability checklist for your students' online work. Would you post some sample statements for us to look at? I would really like to utilize this tool, but I sometimes struggle with phrasing. I also like your idea of making it an online tool. It would be great to find a place that would manipulate the data for you so that you could easily see percentages for each response. One suggestion I have as far as a mode for implementation is surveymonkey. I have not used it before, but I have looked into using for another assignment and I think it might be good for your checklist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John~ Like Sarah, I thought of Survey Monkey, but there must be other ways...I think we could probably get answers through Walden or a good Boolean search. Anyway, I think it is a fantastic idea to put a running calendar checklist up for students to find, follow, and make deadlines. Maybe our answer is as simple as using Google calendar?? I will investigate this myself, and we will discover those answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as creating a flowchart, have you ever tried Webspiration? It is a Web based version of Inspiration and can be saved in that format if you have the program or you could save it as a JPEG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your idea about organizing resources that you find. I was thinking about the same thing, I wish I would have made that one of my steps to success for my GAME Plan in my blog this week. I like your idea about using tags in your delicious library. I wonder if there are any other solutions to organizing resource information?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,

    Thanks for all of the great ideas. I've never tried surveymonkey, but I will be sure to look at it soon. I have used zoomerang before and have found the results to be quite good. I'm still looking for an individual form that can be entered and established as a validation of student research. Perhaps I can either manipulate zoomerang or surveymonkey in order to accomplish this. As far as Webspiration, I've been using inspiration since its inception and have been very happy to introduce my students to the collaborative abilities of the on-line version. It would seem that the combined use of this collaborative tool and the abilities of Delicious could provide a powerful 1-2 punch.

    ReplyDelete