Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 8 Reflection

As I have read back through my GAME plan, I realize that my initial goal was to encourage digital citizenship. I had stated that I wished to create a poster and student sheets for use when searching the internet in order to encourage student accountability and fair use practices. I still need to continue to focus and implement these changes. My Geometry in Art students are currently engaged in a project to create or report on something that is geometrically artistic, and I realize that this course has influenced the means by which I have encouraged my students to partake in this activity. I have encouraged students to use the laptops while working on this activity, but in monitoring of the activity, I realize that I still need to encourage students to acknowledge the work of others as the use images.

My use of Delicious has become quite extensive and I have begun to substantially and carefully Tag pages as I mark them so that I can go back and re-investigate at more opportune times. I intend to share these bookmarks with my students for future implementations. Among my bookmarks that I have added, ePals, Moodle, Wiggio and Ning are the most interesting to me.

Utmost, I am reminded that the NETS Standards are not simply a stand-alone document. In order for the standards to be truly met, teaching and learning must be interwoven into a mesh of technologically driven advancement along the lines of student interest and educational evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment